Please note: you will only need to wash your sweater occasionally. You should prioritise wearing a base layer under your sweater which can be washed more frequently. Your jumper can also be aired out or spritzed with a specialist wool spray in between washes.
- Never put your garment in the washing machine, hand wash or dry clean only.
- When hand washing, use cool water with a very gentle cleaning agent.
- Avoid twisting or wringing the garment when washing.
- Once rinsed, very gently squeeze out excess water and fold using a towel.
- Pat the garment down once more with another towel for extra water absorption.
- Never use a tumble dryer, air dry only.
- Do not hang the garment when drying, always dry flat.
- Avoid stretching or pulling and allow the garment to dry resting on a towel in a natural shape.
- As it is a natural fibre, wool can naturally begin to pill or fuzz over time.
- Using a pumice stone or razor occasionally will help keep this issue at bay.
- Your jumper should ideally be wrapped up when stored away to keep moths away, we recommend keeping it stored in a muslin cloth tote.
- Lavender and cedar packs can help deter moths and give a pleasant smell to your garment, these can be kept next to your wrapped up jumper for extra protection.